Yowzers, it has been far too long since I've blogged! I promise to improve...
I have been up to so much that going back to recall it all may take all night... So a few tidbits here and there will have to do!
-went to Canada for Christmas, Santa found me there, glad his gps was working.
-hung out with Aunt Emily after Xmas... Of course I got the tummy flu, it's tradition now.
-watched my first hockey game... Even got a hockey stick afterwards! I am going to enroll in lessons next fall.
-watched Canada dominate on the traditional Canadian sports during the Olympics. Curling and of course hockey. And of course cheered on the USA at the billion medals they got. I have the best of both worlds!
-I have an obsession with the Lion King, memorized the best parts of it. Mom busted me talking to Franny, 'Don't turn your back on me, Fran'.....
-In order to get me off my Lion King kick, mom bought me Frozen... So I am now on a frozen kick. I love the songs and Olaf.
And to get to topic of today... Humbling thy parents.
I decided that maybe sitting in church would be a cool thing to do. I started a few months back.
I also learned about this thing called 'children's worship'. It's when all the kids hoard to the front of church and listen to the minister or Tacey's grandma tell a story.
The first time mom nudged dad to take me up there I was hesitant. But once I got up there, low and behold, my bff Allison is there, calling me to sit with her. We always have so much fun at daycare, so we figured we would play... Apparently once you make a b-line for the drums, dads and pastors step in. I see what mom did there... She saw this coming... Smart lady.
I didn't see mom nudge dad to bring me up there the next Sunday. Last week they must have gotten brave and tried it again. Dad brought me up, I did what I was told, kind of boring but the parents were beaming with pride.
So this week, I went up there, all by myself... Parents were beaming with pride once again. I was peer pressured by this cute girl to pray like it was going out of style. It all went well. Mom looked pretty smug about it all.
So I decided that I am three and that I behaved enough for one day. I was intrigued by the empty pews behind us. So I slowly walked out of ours, mom was looking but didn't think I had it in me.... So under the ropes I went.
Yikes, she got up and did this crazy awkward whisper yell, her face was yelling but I couldn't hear her.... She couldn't bribe me with candy, I had already inhaled it all!!
After a while of struggling how to get me without me causing more ruckus, mom got smart and threatened to take me to the back room for a discussion... So I compromised and went to the nursery. Madden was there and we shingled the roof of the play house.
So we'll see what I decide to do next week. I get to go to Addy and Lily's church because Addy is going to be baptized... Mom said I better behave on no cake for me!!
No comments:
Post a Comment